What is a GLP-1 Weight Loss Medicine?
Rybelsus and other GLP-1 weight loss medicine work by reducing a person`s appetite with the help of the GLP-1 hormone. GLP-1 helps delay gastric emptying, induce a feeling of being full and decrease food intake. Since your appetite is being suppressed, it is possible for you to naturally losing weight without changing your lifestyle.
- What is GLP-1 exactly?
- Who should use GLP-1 weight control medicine?
- Will you regain the weight?
1. What is GLP-1 exactly?
Glucagon-like-peptide-1 or GLP-1 is a hormone secreted by the small intense. The GLP-1 hormone has 3 main effects.
- GLP-1 controls the secretion of hormones that regulate blood sugar and suppress the rise in blood sugar levels. Once the GLP-1 is secreted from the L-cells within the small intestine, it acts on receptors in the pancreas to stimulate insulin secretion and suppress glucagon production to improve blood sugar levels.
- GLP-1 slows down the absorption process of food that travels from the stomach to the intestine. The slowed digestion and gastric emptying leads to a slowed absorption rate of sugar and better control of blood sugar level.
- GLP-1 can also suppress the appetite by acting on the brain. The brain cells act on the GLP-1 receptors and causes the brain to suppress appetite and increase the satiety from consumed food.
Because of these effects, the GLP-1 hormone is also commonly referred to as a slimming hormone in Japan.
2. Who should use GLP-1 weight control medicine?
The GLP-1 medicine is recommended for people who have a hard time controlling their weight with diet and/or exercise. The GLP-1 medicine, including the first oral GLP-1 Rybelsus, is the new and effective method to reduce weight by suppressing appetite and reducing caloric intake. It is a healthy way to lose weight. This medicine can be combined with aerobic exercise and dieting to burn fat more efficiently for faster and better results. This medicine has even been approved by the FDA in the U.S. as one of the proven medical treatment for weight control and diabetes prevention. The GLP-1 medicine Rybelsus is also the first and only oral GLP-1 RA medicine approved by the FDA in the U.S.
Reducing your waistline does more for your health than just reducing your weight, it also prevents the risk of heart disease, stroke, high blood pressure, and high cholesterol level.
3. Will you regain the weight?
When you stop taking the diet pills, your appetite will return to the levels before you took the medicine. If you continue to eat the same way that you did before you started the weight control medicine, it is possible to regain the weight back. To reduce your risk of having a weight rebound, you should continue with the GLP-1 treatment for weight maintenance. Alternatively, you can try to implement the habits that you gain from when you were on the GLP-1 treatment . This would include enforcing the habits to not eat more when you already feel satisfied.